Hypnobirthing – Calm and Comfortable
Many mums-to-be are now referred to hypnobirthing by midwives because they have seen its successful results.
This Hypnobirthing course teaches you how-to work with your body during childbirth as a result eliminating fear and tension.
Hypnobirthing is both relaxing and enjoyable and the techniques can be used in other areas of your life too.
Hypnobirthing changed my attitude towards the birth of my child dramatically. An event that I was secretly dreading turned into something that I was really looking forward to..”
The Hypnobirthing Course
This Hypnobirthing course runs over 3 weekends giving you and your partner time to practice the techniques and have any questions answered.
What’s covered in the Hypnobirthing Course?
The course covers the following;
- What happens in labour and birth and how fear can affect the natural process
- You learn self hypnosis to achieve deep relaxation
- Practice visualisation techniques to aid labour and birth
- Breathing techniques to help relax you, work with surges (contractions) and to birth your baby
- Massage techniques to create endorphins – your body’s own natural painkillers
- Natural ways to bring your body into labour if you go over your “due date”
- How to prepare for birth physically
- Birthing positions
- Partners are shown how to be involved and how to look after you in labour
- How to prepare your birth plan
Benefits of KG Hypnobirthing for Your Baby and You
- You are likely to experience a more comfortable and sometimes pain free birth.
- Your baby will arrive to a serene and relaxed environment, alert and ready to bond with you as nature intended.
- Length of labour is often much shorter with Hypnobirthing births.
- Less drugs and medical intervention are used in Hypnobirthing births allowing your baby to develop naturally and easily after they arrive.
- Mums often bounce back quicker after a Hypnobirthing birth as the physical impact of giving birth is reduced.
- Your birth partner will learn how to support you and have a central and active role in the birth. A truly shared and loving experience.
The benefits to you are obvious, but the long term benefits to your baby cannot be over-estimated.
When should I start?
It is never too early or too late you can start anytime from your 20 week scan. Most couples start around 2-3 months before the birth, leaving plenty of time for practice.
What’s included in the course?
- The Hypnobirthing Book by Katharine Graves
- Course hand-outs
- CD or MP3 tracks to use during pregnancy and labour
I had a beautiful birth, such a wonderful memory and I know the majority of that was due to your teaching and support. Just one paracetamol and a relatively short birth, after which was amazing. I used your tips and ensured I followed my bodies lead. The home practice mp3’s worked wonders in helping me get into my own birth zone. Thank you Jayne’