"Never doubt yourself – you are capable of much more than you think"
Birth Preparation Hypnobirthing Workshop
If you want the best natural childbirth for you and want to learn how to release fear and trust your body, then this workshop may be something to consider.
This popular Birth Preparation Hypnobirthing workshop teaches practical techniques proven to help release fear and enable you to give birth calmly and naturally.
This 2-hr Birth Preparation Hypnobirthing workshop will simplify things as we get straight to what is required to help prepare you for the birth of your baby—giving your birthing partner a chance to get involved and be there for you.
Birthing partners have an essential role in supporting women in labour. This workshop will give your partner more confidence, ready to go forward to the birth of your baby in a calm and relaxed way.
Top 10 things you will learn
- How and when to breathe effectively
- How to breathe for birth
- Effective use of affirmations & visualisations
- Relaxation triggers
- Birthing positions and movements during labour
- How to help your baby get into the best position
- Massage and relaxation techniques to release endorphins - your body's own natural painkillers
- How to best engage with your midwife and other health professionals
- What to include on your birth plan
- Practice for confidence, questions answered and plenty of tips!
What are the benefits of Hypnobirthing?
- You are likely to have a more comfortable and sometimes pain free birth.
- Your baby will arrive relaxed and ready to bond naturally.
- The length of labour is often much shorter.
- Fewer drugs and medical interventions.
- You often bounce back quicker as you and your body have less trauma from giving birth.
- Your birth partner is more confident and active in supporting you during childbirth.
Jayne Micallef is a certified KG Hypnobirthing and Yoga Teacher. She has worked with more than three thousand women since 2008, combining yoga with proven mind-body techniques for childbirth.
This workshop is NOT your usual childbirth class! We will not talk about using drugs for pain relief.
- This Calm Birth Preparation Hypnobirthing workshop shows you how to increase your chances for a more natural birth.
- Learn practical ways to help your baby into the best position to fit the pelvis.
- Also, learn solutions when labour seems long or has a stall!!
- Learn to trigger your body's natural endorphins (pain relief) for comfort.
- A fantastic addition to ANY childbirth method you have previously learned and empowers your partner to support you during labour.
This Calm Confident Birth workshop is suitable for all birth choices and is available to anyone who desires to create a more calm and confident birthing experience.
The size of the group's classes varies, depending on the time of year. It can be lovely to do hypnobirthing in a group because you can meet other like-minded expectant couples, exchange ideas, and learn from their questions. The groups are kept small enough to be personal and large enough to be friendly.
When to take this workshop
The bottom line is any time before you go into labour is a good time to take this workshop, but enrolling after months 6 or 7 of your pregnancy is recommended.
Even if it’s not your first pregnancy, you may want to consider attending as every labour and delivery is different, so even seasoned pros can benefit from a refresh.
Keep in mind that the sooner you register, the more likely you are to ensure you have secured a place.
Emmanuel Centre, Rockhampton Road, South Croydon, CR2 7AQ
Just 5 minutes walk from South Croydon train station, free roadside parking available
Feeling Anxious about Childbirth?
Access Bars® can assist you in releasing the build-up of fear and anxiety that can often occur during pregnancy. Each Bars session clears the emotional overwhelm allowing a sense of peace and calm in your mind and body. Highly recommended during pregnancy as this will dissipate the build-up of thoughts, feelings and emotions about childbirth.
In addition, other benefits include feeling happier, a dramatic reduction in stress, a greater sense of peace and improved confidence. Especially relevant is the contribution to your baby being less programmed and more conscious.