Do you know that the best thing a pregnant woman can do is be in a prenatal class?
Prenatal classes also called birth preparation classes, help you and your partner to get ready for labour and birth.
At Joyful Body Birth, we offer expectant mums unique weekly classes combining yoga and hypnobirthing techniques. Not only does this empower you, but it also nurtures and cares for you and your baby during the many changes that take place in your second and third trimesters.
We also get your partner involved with our popular Calm Birth Workshop, giving you both the chance to get familiar with practising techniques that enable you to work with your body and its natural ability during childbirth.
We will not talk about using drugs for pain relief; instead, we show you what you can do to increase your chances for a more natural birth.
14 Amazing Benefits from being in a prenatal class
- Increase strength and flexibility.
- Have more ease with the changes that take place during each trimester.
- Reduce the risk of medical interventions.
- May result in less trauma for the baby.
- Shorter labour time.
- Less painful labour.
- More satisfying labour.
- Know how to work with your body.
- Have a more active role in your birth
- Be more prepared for all sorts of situations.
- Have more confidence and a positive attitude towards your birth.
- It empowers you to have a more active role in your birth.
- Get your partner on board; they can help you make your birth easier.
- Get any questions answered.
Check out some of our birth stories to find out more.
If you’re pregnant and looking for ways to relax or stay fit, you might be considering prenatal yoga. But did you know that prenatal yoga might also help you prepare for labour and promote your baby’s health?
According to the Mayo Clinic, Prenatal yoga can:
- Improve sleep
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase the strength, flexibility and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth
- Decrease lower back pain, nausea, headaches and shortness of breath
Prenatal yoga can also help you meet and bond with other pregnant women and prepare for the stress of being a new parent.
What about Hypnobirthing?
Our prenatal class includes hypnobirthing as this explains the logic of how the muscles of the uterus work in harmony with the mind and the hormones, and it provides tools to facilitate this process. Working on the premise that a woman’s body is created to give birth efficiently and comfortably, hypnobirthing provides tools to achieve this. Check out this great article on the AIMS website.
Attending a Prenatal class can be a great way to prepare for childbirth.